Bollywood superstar and perfectionist Aamir Khan turn 51 today (March 14). While the entire industry will gather to wish him a happy birthday, but today we are going to tell you some interesting facts about him. Aamir Khan an Indian film actor, director and producer born as Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan on 14 March 1965 in Mumbai. Aamir is the eldest of four siblings; he has a brother, the actor Faisal Khan, and two sisters, Farhat and Nikhat Khan.
Here are some lesser unknown facts about Mr. perfectionist of Bollywood Aamir khan..
- Aamir was first appeared on silver screen for minor role at the age of eight he appeared in a highly popular song in the Nasir Hussain – directed musical film ‘Yaadon Ki Baaraat’ in 1973 and in the following year, he portrayed the younger version of Mahendra Sandhu’s character in his father’s production ‘Madhosh’.
- Aamir was very interested in lawn tennis during his school days. He represented his school in lawn tennis in several state level championships and and has professed being “much more into sports than studies”. Roger Federer is his favourite tennis player.
- Aamir joined a theatre group called Avantar, where he performed backstage activities for over a year. After completing his high-school education Khan decided to discontinue studying and decided to become an actor against his father’s wish.
- At the age of sixteen, Aamir was involved in the experimental process of making a 40-minute silent film, entitled ‘Paranoia’, that was directed by his school friend Aditya Bhattacharya (Filmmaker Basu Bhattacharya’s son). Where he played the lead role alongside actors Neena Gupta. The film was funded by the filmmaker Shriram Lagoo.
- Aamir Khan is not very fond of showering and hates to take a bath. On the show Koffee With Karan Aamir’s wife Kiran Rao conformed that fact that he doesn’t take a bath and his bathing habits are not very regular. Until Aamir has to leave home for an event or work, Aamir prefers to keep away from the shower while on a holiday.
- Aamir Khan loves food and doesn’t believe in fussing over what to eat and what not to eat. Unless he is preparing for certain role for a film, he loves to eat all the time. Mughlai cuisine is his favorite and he likes to eat healthy and tasty food one of another his favorite dish is biryani Badshahi to Shahi Rogan josh he really loves them all. He also like and enjoy to eat fish, chicken, meat and eggs, but now a days he has turned vegan. He dislike to eat Italian and Chinese food.
- Aamir Khan hails from the family of freedom fighters. Aamir Khan is the great grand nephew of Muslim scholar and nationalist Maulana Abul Kalam Azad who led the Khilafat movement and was an ardent supporter of Mahatma Gandhi. Not many know that National Education Day on November 11 is celebrated in his memory. Aamir also named his younger son as Azad Rao Khan. Aamir also won Padma Shri award in 2003 and the Padma Bhushan award in 2010.
- Aamir Khan has never been in the habit of drinking. But he actually consumed one litre of vodka before shooting the song ‘Tere ishq mein naachenge’ in Raja Hindustani to deliver the scene as drunk character, that’s way all call him Mr. Perfectionist.
- The climax scene of the movie ‘Ghulam’ was shot over 10 to 12 days. It is a fight scene where Aamir gets beaten a lot by the villain. Aamir ends up getting lot of blood and dirt on this face. Aamir did not take bath for those 12 days to maintain the accuracy and consistency of the look on his face. And also he famous stunt in the movie where Aamir running on rail tracks towards an incoming train, the seen won the Best Scene Award at the 44th Filmfare Awards, but he later disapproved of himself for taking the dangerous risk.
- Khan was invited to have a wax imitation of himself put on display at Madame Tussauds in London in 2007. But the he turned down the offer saying, “It’s not important to me… people will see my films if they want to. Also, I cannot deal with so many things, I have bandwidth only for that much.”