1. Bombay Sandwich Recipe
Bombay sandwich is very easy to make snack. Grilled Bombay sandwich is made from white bread smeared with green chutney and butter and then stuffed with thinly sliced tomatoes, onions rings, cucumber and potatoes and grilled on both sides.
Makes : 2 Sandwiches Cooking time : 10-15 mins
4 slices of bread
4 tsp butter
1/2 cup green chutney
2 boiled potatoes (pilled and sliced thick)
1/2 cucumbers (thinly sliced)
2 tomatoes (thinly sliced)
1 onion (sliced very thinly)
1 tsp chat masala
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp zero size sev
For Green Chutney:-
3 green chillies
Few Sprigs of mint leaves
1/2 bunch of coriander leaves
salt to taste
1 tsp Lemon Juice
How to make bombay sandwich with green chutney:
- For the green chutney– grind together green chillies, mint leaves, coriander leaves, salt and lemon juice to a smooth paste.
- Trim off the edges of each slice of bread, apply 1 tsp of butter and 1/2 tsp of green chutney on each and keep aside.
- Place the slice of bread, with the buttered slide facing up , on a clean flat surface.
- Arrange few cucumber pieces over it and sprinkle 1/4 tsp of chat masala over it.
- Arrange two slice of onion, 2 slice of potato and 2 slices of tomatoes over it. Sprinkle salt and red chili powder over it and again evenly sprinkle chat masala over it.
- Place the other slice of bread with the buttered side facing downward.
- Cut into four equal parts and on top sprinkle 0 size sev over it.
- Or If you want you can even toast or grill them in a griller with butter smeared on both sides and then sprinkle some 0 size sev on it.
- Serve immediately with ketchup and green chutney.
2. EGG TOAST RECIPE
2-3 slices of Bread
1/2 onion (finely chopped)
1/2 tomato (finely chopped)
1-2 green chilies (finely chopped)
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Salt To Taste
1 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp red chili powder or to taste
Oil to fry
- Beat the eggs and add milk, chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilies, coriander, salt & chili powder.
- Beat the mixture until foamed.
- Heat oil in a frying-pan or griddle.
- Dip bread slice in the mixture and coat it evenly and fry over low flame.
- Fry on both sides until done. Repeat the same for other slices.
- Serve egg toast hot with ketchup.
3. MOONG DAL CHILLA RECIPE
Moong dal chilla is a simple recipe made from a batter of minced moong dal and onions and tomatoes. Though easy to make these moong dal cheela taste awesome.
1 cup washed split, skin less green gram (dhuli moong dal)
1 green chili
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 tomato (finely chopped)
1 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1 inch ginger
Red chili powder
Salt to taste
Oil (to make chillas)
How to make moong dal chilla:
- Wash and soak the moong dal for 2 hours.
- Drain the dal and grind them along with green chili and ginger.
- Add little water to get pouring consistency. Beat well.
- Add salt, coriander leaves, onion, tomato and red chili powder to the batter and mix well.
- Heat the griddle. Spread little oil and then spread the batter like dosas and fry from both sides using little oil.
- Serve hot with sauce.
4. RAVA UPMA RECIPE
1 cup Rava / Sooji (Semolina)
25 gms fried Cashew Nuts (optional)
1 inch Ginger chopped
1 chopped Onion
3 Green Chillies slit sideways
1 Potato chopped
1 Capsicum chopped
1 Carrot chopped
1/4 cup Green Peas frozen or fresh
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tsp Urad Daal
1 tsp Channa Daal
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
Chili powder to taste (optional)
2 tsp Oil
Few curry leaves
Finely chopped corianderleaves
1 tsp Ghee
Lemon juice to taste
How to make rava uppma:
- Sift rava through a muslin / cheese cloth or very fine sieve.
- Heat 1tbsp. pure ghee / unsalted butter and fry rava ,on a moderate heat, stiring constantly to light brown color and set aside.
- Now heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and allow them to splatter.
- Add the daals : channa & urad & curry leaves to it and fry till they turn red.
- Add onion, ginger and green chilies. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables, turmeric & chili powder, and salt to taste.
- Now add 3 cups of water and cover the pan and allow it simmer on low heat until the vegetables are done.
- Add the fried rava to it stirring constantly till it becomes little thick.
- Take off from the heat and lemon juice if desired.
- Serve hot garnished with cashews and coriander.
5. MASALA OMELETTE RECIPE
1 meduim sized chopped Onion (Pyaj)
1 small sized chopped Tomato (Tamatar)
2 chopped Green Chilli (Hari mirch)
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
A pinch of Curry Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin Seed Powder (Jeera)
1 tsp Olive Oil
How to make masala omelette:
- Beat the eggs thoroughly in a basin.
- Add the onions, tomatoes and the green chillies. mix thoroughly.
- Add the garam masala powder, curry powder and salt. mix well.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan and add the cumin seeds.fry for a few seconds over a medium flame.
- Pour the egg mixture and cook on both sides till light brown in colour.( reduce the flame) serve hot.
6. EGG PARATHA RECIPE
Whole Wheat flour (atta) as per consumption
Eggs (same as number of parathas)
1 tsp Oil
Butter /oil for frying
Salt as per taste
How to make egg paratha:
- Make dough out of whole-wheat flour (atta),1tbsp oil and salt as you would do for any paratha/roti.
- Make dough 30 minutes before and cover it with moist muslin cloth.
- Take a Ping-Pong ball size lump of dough. Now roll it slightly using dry flour.
- Now nicely spread little oil over it and fold it in a semi circle shape.
- Spread little oil again and fold it along the length and roll it in a triangle shape.
- Cook on a pre-heated Tawa (griddle). Turn it.
- Pierce the egg from the top. Now slowly open the layer of paratha and pour the egg on it.
- Spread butter/oil on this side and let it get golden.
- Similarly cook on the other side till golden brown.
7. MIXED VEGETABLE PANCAKE
40 gms Fine Wheat Flour (Maida)
100 ml Milk
3 tsp Oil
a pinch of Salt
50 gms Potato (Aloo)
50 gms Cauliflower (Phool gobi)
50 gms Carrot (Gajar)
75 gms Peas (Matar)
50 gms Tomato (Tamatar)
1 tblsp Butter
1/2 tblsp Tomato Sauce
Salt and Chilli Powder to taste
8. ALOO POHA RECIPE
Aloo poha recipe is one of the most commonly made Indian breakfast in Indian homes. Batata poha is made of poha (beaten rice) sauted with aloo and given a tadka of curry leaves. Here is are the instructions for how to make aloo poha.
2 cups Poha (Beaten Rice)
2 Green Chillies
1 tsp Chana dal
1 tsp Urad dal
1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 sprig Curry leaves
2 tsp Peanuts
4 tblsp Oil
1 pinch Turmeric powder
Few Corainder leaves
Salt to taste
How to make aloo poha :
- Soak the poha in water. Wash and drain all the water.
- Add some salt , turmeric powder , keep aside.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes, chop the onions, chillies, corainder leaves.
- Heat oil and put chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds, peanuts, curry leaves and fry until they crackle.
- Add potatoes , saute for few minutes, then add chopped onions, chillies.
- Cook till they are done. Add the poha, corainder leaves and stir.
- Keep it on slow flame for 5- 7 minutes.
- Let it cool for sometime and add then lemon juice.
9. SABUDANA (SAGO) KHICHIDI RECIPE
Sabudana khichdi is a very nutritious and yummy breakfast recipe. Indian sago khichdi is healthy and easy to make.
1 cup sabudana(sago)
1/2 tsp Sugar
2 Green Chillies chopped lengthwise
1/2 cup peanuts
1 boiled and peeled potato
2 tsp Oil
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 Pinch Hing (asafoetida)
2 tbsp grated fresh Coconut
1 tsp Lemon juice
Salt to taste
Few Coriander leaves
Few Curry Leaves
How to make sabudana khichidi :
Wash the sabudana in water 2 -3 times. Then soak them in water just enough to cover the top of the sabudana. Use a flat bottom vessel for soaking. Soak the sabudana in water for 6 – 8 hrs before you plan to make the khichdi. Every 2 – 3 hrs fluff them with the help of a fork. Later if you feel that the sabudana still has a hard center then sprinkle some water on them and wait for 30 mins for them to get soft. Fluff again with a fork and check. Repeat the process till you get perfectly soft centered pearly sabudana. Each and every pearl will be soft and well shaped. Also the sabudanas will double in volume.
- Chop the potatoes into small cubes.
- Heat the oil/ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds and hing. When the cumin seeds crackle add the green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the chopped potatoes and stir well. Let them cook till they are light brown on the outside. Add sabudana mixture and mix gently. Let it cook for 10 – 15 mins stirring occasionally and scraping the sabudana layer from the bottom of the vessel. When the pearls get translucent and shiny sabudana is ready.
- Then add crushed peanuts, sugar and salt. Stir and make sure every thing gets mixed well.
- Add the grated coconut and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice over it and serve hot.
10. PYAZ KI KACHORI RECIPE
Pyaz ki kachori is a very delicious and delectable Rajasthani breakfast recipe. Pyaz ki kachori recipe though little time consuming but still worth an effort.
For the dough:
2 cups Maida (Plain Flour)
1/4 cup melted Ghee
1/2 tsp Salt
2 cups finely chopped Onions
1 tsp Kalonji (Nigella Seeds)
2 tsp Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
2 Bay Leaves
1/2 tsp finely chopped Green Chillies
2 tblsp Besan (Bengal Gram Flour)
2 tsp Dhania Powder (Coriander)
2 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
3 tblsp Chopped Coriander
2 tblsp Oil
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
How to make pyaz ki kachori :
- To prepare the dough combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a semi soft dough using water. Keep it for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal parts and keep them covered under a wet muslin cloth.
- For the onion filling heat oil in a pan.
- Add the kalonji, saunf, bay leaves, green chillies and onions and saute till the onions turn light brownin color.
- Add the besan, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala and salt and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander and mix well.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Divide into 12 equal parts and keep aside.
- To make kachoris roll out each portion of the dough into a 2 inch diameter circle.