Years will come and go, It is the law of nature. But inspite of all this, some memories areadded in our life and become an important part of our lives. Last year, there were such incidents in the country that can be seen as a new beginning. The 10 stories of 2015, which are so awesome you will feel proud to know.
1. On June 3 in Manipur’s district Chandel, The Indian Army had a surgical strike for the first time at the border of another country. Militants attacked BSF, in which 28 soldiers were killed.
2. This year in republic day’s parade, the troops of the women from three forces were involved. The parade’s theme was ‘Woman Power’.
3. Pooja Thakur, who became the country’s first woman officer who was chosen as the Guard of honour for the reception of the American President Barack Obama.
4. Indian Tennis star Sania Mirza along with her partner Martina Hingis won this year’s total of 10 titles.
5. This year on August 10, Sundar Pichai of indian origin, has become The CEO of Google. Because of this India got respect in eyes of other countries.
6. June 21, the day has been declared as the World Yoga Day. The proposal was endorsed at the UN by 172 countries of the world.
7. Actress Madhuri Dixit was selected as the brand ambassador of the Government ‘Campaign ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padaao’. This campaign is for women to give them respect and right.
8. Badminton player Saina Nehwal became World’s 1 player this year. This was a miracle for India, because before this there was no Indian who become the no 1 player of the World.
9. For the first time in the history of Cannada, A Indian Lieutenant Colonel Harjit Sajjan was selected as defense minister in the new government.
10. Indian film Masaan won 2 awards in ’68th Cannes Film Festival and was greeted with loud applause.