The Benefits of Pomegranate
1. Anti-Oxidants – You may have heard these words over and over again so let us put this to rest once and for all. You need anti-oxidants! Your lifestyle, pollutants and a number of other factors encourage the circulation of harmful molecules in your body that are known as free radicals. Anti-oxidants are their kryptonite and they destroy these free radicals. Anti-oxidants are made up of vitamins and minerals and can be best obtained from a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables.
2. Anti-Cancer – According a study done at the University of Maryland Medical Centre, pomegranate has the ability to inhibit the growth of certain kinds of cancer cells. A Mayo Clinic study also explores the possibility of pomegranate juice as a potential cure for prostate cancer.
3. Heart Health – The anti-oxidants in pomegranate make it possible for the fruit to be able to help treat cardiovascular diseases. In fact, a 2015 study published in The Royal Society of Chemistry suggested that drinking pomegranate juice regularly could help prevent a heart attack.
4. Good for the Skin – Pomegranates pack almost 48 per cent of your daily Vitamin C needs, which also helps against signs of ageing in the long run. It’s extremely hydrating and its juice goes deep into your skin to deliver micronutrients and phytochemicals. It also helps bring dull and dry skin back to life.
5. Diabetes – There are a number of studies that will corroborate the fact that pomegranate juice is great for diabetic patients. It contains anti-diabetes compounds like ellagic, gallic, oleanolic, punicalagin, uallic, and ursolic acids. A study published in the journal Nutrition Research suggested that pomegranate juice can reduce blood glucose levels in Type 2 diabetes patients