Recipe for making Manchurian balls
1. Take a bowl, add shredded carrot, shredded cabbage, chopped capsicum and chopped green chilli, 1 teaspoon oil, pepper powder, a pinch of ajinomoto (MSG), maida, cornflour and salt.
2. Mix all ingredients properly. Prepare small round shaped balls from the mix. Do not add water in the mix for making balls as water from vegetables will be sufficient to bind them. In case mix is not binding properly and small balls cannot be made, add some water in the mixture.
3. Heat oil in a kadai (pan). Deep fry prepared balls on medium flame until they turn golden brown. Drain excess oil and transfer them to plate (spread kitchen paper napkin on plate to absorb excess oil).
Recipe for making gravy
1. Dissolve 2 tablespoons cornflour in a 1 cup normal water.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add minced ginger, minced garlic, chopped green chilli and chopped spring onion. Add soy sauce, chilli sauce and tomato ketchup.
3. Pour 2 cups water, pepper powder and salt. Bring mixture to boil over medium flame. When it starts boiling, let it boil for a minute.
4. Add dissolved cornflour in a pan. Mix all gravy ingredients properly. Cook it on low flame for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add deep fried balls and cook for 3 minutes over medium flame.
6. Turn off flame and garnish it with chopped spring onion. Enjoy hot and spicy veg cabbage manchurian with Chinese fried rice or veg noodles.